Originally posted in 2006
This ornament is one of my long time favorites from my childhood. I believe I made this in girl scouts as a youth.
1. Cut a variety of fabric into small circles.
2. Sew a strong thread up and down around the outer edges of the circle.
3. Put a cottonball in the center of the circle and pull the thread so that it draws together, closing the circle into a ball. Knot the thread.
4. With a strong thread, run the needle through the center of all of the balls and pull to bring them into a circle, tie a strong knot.
5. Tie on a bow with grograin ribbon and another string for hanging.
What an inexpensive, quick, and impressive gift!