Written October 3, 2006 (one of my early blog posts that was popular; eventually, my husband was dubbed the "Underwear Hero" and for years and years we have laughed.)
Okay, so it's a good thing I've got this blog now so I can rant and rave out my frustratings.
May I ask you? Have you ever gone to get dressed and not had any clean underwear?
Well, that happened to me this morning! So, what do you do? Really, that's not a rhetorical question I'm asking here. I'd love for you to post comments because I really need some solutions.
So, I have a problem and need to analyze the best solutions to my problem.
1. Decide my hormones are raging from the perimenpause and just let myself go and bawl it out because I cannot understand why I put in that regular load of clothes last night rather than whites and get all down about it and be late for work?
2. Wear no underwear?
3. Get out yesterday's underwear and just wear it as is?
4. How much time do I have? I could get some laundry detergent and clean yesterday's underwear in the bathroom sink and dry it with a blow dryer.
5. How much time do I have? I could get some laundry detergent and clean yesterday's underwear in the bathroom sink and put it on wet and hope it doesn't soak my pants wet enough so everyone can tell.
6. Spray yesterday's underwear with Febreeze and hope that covers the stink.
7. Spray yesterday's underwear with Oust because I cannot find the Febreeze bottle.
8. How much time do I have? I could get some laundry detergent and clean yesterday's underwear in the bathroom sink and partially dry it with a blow dryer.
9. Go put in a load of whites, read some e-mails, and 45 minutes later put on clean, wet underwear and hope it doesn't soak my pants wet enough so everyone can tell and just go to work 45 minutes late.
10. Go put in a load of whites, call into work sick, read some e-mails, put my whites in the dryer, play with my new blog, put on my clean dry underwear, and enjoy my day off.
Okay, are you laughing at me yet, because I sure am laughing at me!
So go ahead, tell me what my other options are and what you do by leaving me a comment!
And I bet you are dieing to know what I actually did, right? I did number 8 and then number 7. Sigh. Now, if I can only remember to put in a load of whites on my lunch hour so I won't have to go through this again tomorrow!